Welcome back to the Virtual Hot Tub, where I’ll be sharing a recipe for a dish that has become a big favourite around these parts. Inspired by one of my favourite restaurants, this Mexican style dish is simply out standing. The Food Blog has been quiet for a while, so let’s jump straight back into action!
This is a great recipe, which you can adapt to your taste – whether that be in terms of spiciness or experimenting with ingredients.
- Chicken breast
- Tortilla chips
- Chipotle paste
- Feta cheese
- Soured cream
- Place the chicken breasts in an oven proof dish, and add the chipotle paste (add this to your taste). Take a table spoon of water, and add to the dish – placing around the outside of the chicken and chipotle paste, not over it.
- Cover with kitchen foil, and cook for approximately 35 minutes. The length of time will depend on the size – for example, smaller chicken breasts will require less.
- When cooked, remove from the oven and shred/cut the chicken into small pieces.
- Then put the chicken back in the dish and stir it into the sauce.
- Cover with kitchen foil again, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Put the tortilla chips on a plate. We recommend cheap or own brand tortilla chips – these work better for us as they have a less over-powering flavour.
- Add the chicken over the top of the tortilla chips, then crumble feta over.
- Finally, add the soured cream and guacamole to taste.
And there you have it! A delicious Mexican style meal that’s exciting and full of flavour. I hope you enjoy it!
A big shout out to the amazing Death by Tacos in Chester, for the inspiration behind this dish. They created something similar for my daughter a while back which she loved – we’ve been back for more and had to devise a similar type of recipe!