My holiday this summer was another visit to Parga in Greece. It’s a very beautiful town on the west coast; nestled snugly amongst beach and harbour. In the bay there is a small island with white church resting on top; above the town is an ancient fort – it’s real picturesque stuff.
Parga features many excellent tavernas, restaurants and bars. A bar I’ve now visited a few times is Johnny’s Place, where the cold beer is “cheap as chips” and the welcome is warm.
Situated in the middle of town, the people watching at Johnny’s Place is second to none. It’s a relaxing atmosphere with some great tunes.
Over the space of a few visits to this bar, we compiled a playlist of songs that were heard. In the spirit of reminiscing about another fabulous summer holiday, here are the songs that take me back to that time and place.
Imagine enjoying a cold Mythos (and a plate of meze, as provided gratis here!) and let the everyday stresses melt away…
- Survivor – “Eye of the Tiger”
- Bee Gees – “Staying Alive”
- Boney M – Bahama Mama”
- The Beatles – “Come Together”
- The Beatles – “Here Comes the Sun”
- Aerosmith – “Dream On”
- Journey – “Don’t Stop Believin'”
- Metallica – “Nothing Else Matters”
- Pink Floyd – “Comfortably Numb”
- The Eagles – “Hotel California”
- Pulp – “Disco 2000”
- Duran Duran – “Save a Prayer”
- Madness – “It Must Be Love”
- The Cure – “Lovesong”
- Manic Street Preachers – “Your Love Alone Is Not Enough”
- Rod Stewart – “Baby Jane”
If you visit Parga – and I highly recommend you do – don’t forget to pay Johnny’s Place a visit.
The website for Johnny’s Place is here.
The Facebook page is here.
Thanks to Colin for the menu board photo!