I love lists. These random playlists serve no purpose other than to remind me of music that’s buried away in my iTunes, waiting to be rediscovered. One song leads to another; one band creates a ripple effect leading to another needing to be heard again.
I was out on the longboard this time, on a beautiful sunny afternoon. I didn’t have long, however, before other commitments would tear me away. Here are a few songs chosen at random by my iPod as the skate soundtrack that day.
- King Crimson – “Happy With What You Have to be Happy With”
- Senseless Things – “Watching the Pictures Go”
- Neck – “The Star of the County Down”
- Soul Asylum – “String of Pearls”
- Johnny Dowd – “True Love”
- Sonic Youth – “Creme Brulee”
- Siouxsie & The Banshees – “Christine”
- Siouxsie & The Banshees – “Peek-a-Boo”
- Nuclear Assault – “Live, Suffer, Die”
- Rolling Stones – “19th Nervous Breakdown”
- Shirley Bassey – “Reach for the Stars”
- Jimmy Eat World – “Cautioners”
Well, two different Siouxsie and the Banshees tracks, from different albums, one after the other. Most strange. Great songs, though.
I remember really enjoying the Stones track; the Shirley Bassey number was a bit out of the blue. But then, random is what this game’s all about.
Till next time, groovers!