Have you been hitting the gym since the start of the year? Punishing yourself with cardio and weights as you fight to shed those extra pounds that attached themselves limpet-like over the festive season?
I’ve been slaughtering the gym since the start of the year, but then I always do. Not that it seems to do any good.
Whilst I’m there, pummelling away at the flab in a vain attempt to get in shape, I need some tunes to motivate me. The music in the gym is usually dancey disco stuff, which is fine if you’re dancing, but when I’m working out I need something a bit more aggressive.
Albums by various bands get a regular spin, but I also made this iPod playlist to help me focus like a Viking ransacking a monastery. Sometimes I’m so amped I feel like I could run through the wall, rather than just plodding on the treadmill.
You could do worse than to listen to this cacophony yourself.
- Rocket From The Crypt – “Pushed”
- Audioslave – “Cochise”
- Big Chief – “Lion’s Mouth”
- Metallica – “Die Die My Darling”
- Foo Fighters – “The Pretender”
- Rage Against the Machine – “Guerrilla Radio”
- Anthrax – “Only”
- Corrosion of Conformity – “Heaven’s Not Overflowing”
- Pantera – “Fucking Hostile”
- The Cult – “Rise”
- Probot – “Shake Your Blood”
- Suicidal Tendencies – “War Inside My Head”
- Beastie Boys – “Sabotage”
There you go: 47 minutes of energetic, in your face music to psyche you up and get you in the mood to destroy. GO!!!